I finally have a minute to talk about #heweb11.
If you’ll remember my post last year about #heweb10, I wasn’t entirely happy with the quality of the sessions. This year was a big improvement – even if my presentation proposal was denied. The content was certainly better, I think what might have helped was that I went in not expecting much from the sessions, but expecting everything from connecting with people throughout the conference.
And really, that’s the crux of working in Higher Ed. The people are amazing.
Top 10 things about #heweb11 (in no particular order):
- Roadtrippin’ it with @aaronrester
- Roomdawgin’ it with @sethodell
- Banjo Pickin’ at The High Ball in Austin
- Being the CTO of Dropbox for 25 minutes
- Eating lots of Mexican food
- Salt Lick with @kylejudah and @mpstaton
- Networking, networking, networking
- Bacon & Marv behind Buffalo Billiards
- Seeing sessions from @sethodell, @mikepetroff, @kprentiss, & @mallorywood
- Learning and discussing higher ed with so many great people in the lobby of the Hyatt.
Thanks for a great conference everyone!