Modern Linguist is a WordPress theme especially designed for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). I created this theme in 2009 to not only show off my word count for the month, but to allow friends to register, login and read my writing along with me.
I released version 2.0 of the Modern Linguist on 31 October 2010 for general use. It is, of course free and licensed under Creative Commons and the GPL. Feel free to edit, tweak, share, modify, or totally rip off the theme (if you do any of that, I’d love to see it). Most of the original design is from Chris Coyier’s WP Typo theme, with minor adjustments and an options page added by me.
Version 2.5 was released on 9 July 2011 and now lives over at modernlinguist.com
- Options are a total rewrite.
- Selected whether to show the WordCount message or not.
- Removed deprecated WP functions.
- WordPress 3.2 compatible.
- Widgetized the top panel.
Oct 31, 2010 – 2.0.1
- Neglected a screenshot image. Fixed
- Suppressed PHP errors/warnings when NaNoWriMo site is down.
- Utilizes Google Fonts API and Directory for better, faster, more universal webfonts
- Includes more font options.
- Cleaned up various styles.
- Revised a few minor styling issues.
Nov 01, 2009 – 1.3
- Fix to NaNoWriMo API pull to display correctly when no NaNo ID is entered
- Style fixes to several typefaces including the Fell Types
- Clarified attribution added to the Fell Types, digitally reproduced by Igino Marini and included with his gracious permission.
Oct 30, 2009 – 1.0
Check out original post on Modern Linguist →